Tuesday 20 October 2015

Google Classroom


At the beginning of 2015 I joined GEG Dainfern led by Anthony Egbers (@ajegbers) and Pam Macmillan (@Pam_Macmillan). GEG stands for "Google Educator Group" which is a group of teachers who meet on a regular basis to learn, share, inspire and empower each other to meet the needs of their learners through technology. I eagerly await each Saturday workshop which is held every 5 to 6 weeks. We began by learning the basics of using technology for education such as Gmail, Drive and YouTube. Now each time we meet we are introduced to new exciting apps that can be used in the classroom.

It was at the second GEG Dainfern workshop that I was introduced to Google Classroom. Wow! I was blown away by the possibilities this platform opens for teachers. Google Classroom is designed to help teachers create and collect assignments paperlessly. St Peter's is a GAfE School which means that we have registered for free Google Apps for Education and therefore Google Classroom is available to us. 


For the past few months I have been working in Google Classroom with the boys and I have just touched the surface of what can be done using this platform. I am looking forward to sharing what I have already done in Google Classroom as well as what I am planning to do. Here's to the start of an adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment